Oct 21, 2022
You can leverage HappyFox's powerful automation suite - Smart Rules to post conditional notifications to different channels in your slack workspace.
Applicable Plans: ✖️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
Permission Alert 🔐: You would require "Manage Smart Rules" managerial permission to configure automation rules for Slack Notifications.
Haven't configured Slack Integration yet? Click here to get started 🚀.
Essential Guide to Configure a "Post to Slack" Smart Rule:
- Log in to HappyFox account as an agent.
- Navigate to Automate >> Smart Rules.
- Click "Create a Smart Rule".
- In the Action train, under notify, select "Post to Slack".
- Select the channel you would like the notifications to get posted to.
- Every rule can also be configured to send a custom message which will support merge fields to provide more contextual information in your Slack workspace.
- The custom message will be available as the first slack element. It will be fully pre-filled with the real-time values of the dynamic content that was defined in the message section using merge field variables.
- In addition to a custom message, you can specify up to 10 ticket properties to display inside the Slack notification.
- This list includes standard properties such as status, priority etc, along with ticket/contact custom fields.
- In the Condition train, specify the conditions that govern when the Smart Rule should be triggered automatically.
- Enter the name and description of the Smart Rule. Choose applicable categories and associate an appropriate Work Schedule. Enable/Disable one-time execution of Smart Rules.
- Remember to click "Finish Creating Smart Rule" button when done.
Smart Rule Execution in a sample ticket:
Sample Push Notification in a Slack channel (With merge fields replaced dynamically):