Enable Twitter SSO for your HappyFox account
With Twitter SSO integration, Contacts can log in to HappyFox using their Twitter Account credentials.
Available on all pricing plans
Enabling Twitter SSO Involves:
- Getting Consumer key and Consumer Secret from Twitter Developers Portal.
- Installing the Twitter SSO app inside HappyFox with the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
Getting Consumer key and Consumer Secret from Twitter Developers Portal:
- Log in to your Twitter account.
- Go to developer.twitter.com
- Important note: As of September 2018, You would need to apply for a Twitter developer account. Their review process takes about a week. You can proceed to the following steps once your account is approved.
- From Profile Menu go to Dashboard
- Click "Create an App".
- Provide the following information (Required)
- An App Name.
- Website URL (Your Support URL)
- Check the "Enable Sign in with Twitter" Checkbox (Mandatory)
- Callback URL. This is of the format https://<yourhelpdeskurl>/openid/twitter/
- A brief description of the App.
- Click Create. This should initiate the creation of the twitter app.
- Once Created, Navigate to "Keys and Tokens" tab to get your Consumer key and Consumer Secret.
Installing the Twitter SSO app inside HappyFox with the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret.
- Go to Apps >> Single Sign-on >> Twitter Login
- Click "Install".
- Enter "Consumer Key" and "Consumer Secret". Toggle the "Active" button.
- Click Save. This enables the SSO.
Contacts Twitter Login Workflow:
Note: If the contact is logging in for the first time, he/she will be asked to verify email.