A Multi-line chart is used to compare trends of multiple numeric values across another variable. The variable that is analysed is on the X-axis and multiple numeric values are aggregated on the Y-axis as individual line graphs.
Steps to build a Multi-line chart using HappyFox BI:
- Click on the Add Visualization button.
- Name your visualization.
- Choose Multi-line chart from the Visualisation Type dropdown.
- Select the preferred dataset and date range for which you want to build your visualization.
- X-Axis: Fields of different data types can be chosen under X-axis:
- Time Period fields: Time ranges like a week, a month can be chosen on X-axis for a Multi-line chart. For eg, If you want to see the Ticket count across different status over the months, then Created On- Month should be brought on X-axis here.
- Categorical fields: Fields like Status, priority and so on can also be chosen for X-axis.
- Numeric Fields: If a numeric field is chosen, it needs to be grouped into buckets.
- Group by: Choose the field for which you want to see the individual trend analysis, for the above example Status field should be chosen.
- Y-Axis: Now choose a numeric field that needs to be aggregated on Y-axis. In the above example, it should be the Tickets Count.
- There are different ways to aggregate the field that you choose for Y-Axis. Some options are Count, Sum, Average, Percentile, Distinct Count.
- You can interact with the visualization by using the toggle button on the legend. In the above example, you can filter a few categories by toggling across the legend.
- Benchmark: Benchmark is a special feature that allows you to compare the values against the set benchmark.
- Filter: You can choose to add the required filter conditions.
- Sort: You can also sort the visualization as required.
- Label Name: You can edit the Label (name) of your X and Y axes under the Visualisation settings tab. You can also set the Min and Max value for your axes.
- Show Values: Enable Always Show values toggle to display the bar values all the time as opposed to the values being displayed only when hovered over.
- Connect empty values: If you want the empty values to be connected on the graph to display a seamless chart, you can enable this toggle.