Feb 26, 2019
HappyFox allows you to convert incoming emails 📧 in Gmail into helpdesk tickets. To do this, you must associate a helpdesk category with the desired email and set up a forwarding rule in Gmail.
Associating a category with the email address:
- Log in to your HappyFox Agent portal.
- 🔐 Your agent role must have "Manage Categories" permission to perform this action.
- Go to Manage >> Categories from the module switcher.
- You can either create a new category or edit an existing category to configure the e-mail forwarding. Click "+" to create a category or click "edit" next to an existing category.
- 📬 Under "Incoming Mail Options" Section, select mailbox type as "E-mail forwarding" from the drop-down.
- Enter the Gmail Address from which you need the incoming emails to be created as tickets.
- 📌Note the forwarding address for your helpdesk account. It is of the format <helpdeskaccountname>-<identifiernumbers>@happyfox.com. You need to paste this address inside Gmail (More about that in the next section).
Setting up a forwarding rule in Gmail:
- Log in to Gmail with the account you wish to forward emails to HappyFox.
- Click the Gear ⚙️ Icon towards the top right.
- Click "Settings" to open the mailbox settings.
- Go to Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab. Under Forwarding Section, Click the "Add a Forwarding Address" button.
- Paste the forwarding address obtained from HappyFox (See the previous section).
- Click "Save/Confirm".
- A ticket with the confirmation link from Google would have been created in the corresponding category.
- Click the confirmation link/paste the URL in your browser and hit Enter.
- Go to the Settings page of the Gmail account you want to forward messages.
- Select Forward a copy of incoming mail to, choose if you wish to Keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox (advised) and Click Save Changes.
- You're all set with the email forwarding Setup ✔️.