Customize Knowledge Base Email Notifications
Knowledge Base(KB) notifications are email alerts that your agents receive when certain KB related events happen on your help desk. These notifications are sent to the email address linked to your agent's profile.
Applicable Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
What are the different Knowledge Base Notifications supported by HappyFox?
- New article: This notification is sent to Agent when a new article is created.
- Update article: This notification is sent to Agent whenever there are changes to the title, content or attachments of a given article. If there are multilingual knowledge base articles, every “New translated article” and “Updated translated article" will trigger notifications.
Quick Guide to Setup Knowledge Base Notifications:
- Login to your HappyFox Agent Portal.
- Navigate to Manage >> Notifications from the module switcher.
- You'll land inside Contacts tab by default. Navigate to the Knowledge Base tab.
- Find the list of available notifications presented in a tabular fashion.
Click on the individual notifications to access the "Quick Manage Slider".
Quick Manage Slider:
- Global toggle: The Global toggle is present in the top right of the slider, this is the overall active status toggle for the notification.
- Enter the Email Subject and content using the text editor. Choose to add "Merge Fields" for dynamic content population.
- Preview Template: The preview replaces merge fields with sample content to generate the mail.
Can the agents opt out of notifications?
Each agent can choose to opt out of notifications tied to articles associated with certain categories.
Navigate to My Settings >> Email Notifications >> New KB Article Notification and KB Article update Notification, enable/disable KB notifications and click on Save.