HappyFox lets you create an organized database of official documentation with images, videos, and file attachments to help your customers have a better understanding of your product or service.
Available plans : ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprice Plus
The articles in the Knowledge base are organized in a hierarchical order, as Sections and Articles. Each section can have multiple articles as part of it and the articles can be made external for customer access or kept internal for agent access only. Admin can also maintain Sub-Sections within Sections. The articles can include attachments, images and videos by adding online references to links.
To visualize your knowledge base complete with sections, sub-sections, internal articles, and external articles - visit Knowledge Base >> Browse. To see a hierarchical view sections list, visit Knowledge Base >> Sections. To view a list of all articles in your Knowledgebase categorized by visibility modes, visit Knowledge base >> articles.
Permission Alert 🔐: To add, update or edit the KB sections and articles the agent requires Managerial Permissions "Manage Knowledge Base Sections and Articles". If you do not have this permission, you will have read-only access to your help desk's knowledge base.
How to create a Section?
To create an article it is essential to associate it to a section. To add a New Section, navigate to Knowledge Base >> Sections and click on the +button. In the create section slider, fill in the name, description, choose if it needs to be the parent section or subsection, and necessary category association.
New Article creation:-
- To add a new article, click the + symbol near External or Internal Article.
- You will be redirected to the article create screen. Specify the title of the article and type in the content. Provide enhanced article content using the rich text editor.
- Assign the article to the relevant section by choosing from the dropdown box.
- Choose whether you want the article to be visible to your help desk staff members only or if it should be made available to your end-users as well (Visibility).
- To attach supporting documents such as a video or an image, click upload file and upload the necessary files.
- Types of articles:
- Internal Articles - Select this option if you want the article to be visible to your help desk agents only.
- External Articles - To make the article public ( visible to both agents and contacts in support center) choose this option.
- You can add tags for every KB article to improve search discoverability and for better segregation.
- If you are unsure about the content, you can always save the current progress of the article as "Draft" and come back later to perfect it. Learn more about drafts here.
- Once you are done, click Publish External /Internal Article to create a new article. The article will be added to the internal or external knowledge base, depending on its visibility.