Magento is an open source e-commerce platform which provides online sellers with a powerful shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, feel and functionality of their online store.
HappyFox - Magento Integration enables agents to view Magento customer and order information for a HappyFox contact while creating a new ticket and in the ticket details page.
Applicable Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
Integrating Magento with HappyFox involves:
- Creating your Magento API Credentials.
- Configuring the Magento App inside HappyFox with the API credentials.
Creating your Magento API Credentials.
In order to create your API credentials in Magento, you will need to first create a Webservice Role and then a Webservice User.
- Creating a WebService Role:
- Log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- From global navigation, go to System >> Web Services >>SOAP/XML RPC – Roles.
- Click "Add a new Role". Specify a name for this Role. E.g "HF integration".
- From Left navigation, go to "Role Resources".
- Select “All” from the Resource Access drop down (This enables HappyFox to pull the necessary information into your helpdesk).
- Click "Save Role".
- Creating a WebService User:
- Go to your Magento Admin Panel.
- From global navigation, go to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML RPC – Users.
- Fill in the following fields in the User Info tab:
- First Name,
- Last Name,
- In the API Key field, specify a secure password (any number or letter string that you will remember). You would need to enter this information in HappyFox later.
- Make sure Account status is set to "Active".
- Go to User Role Tab from the left navigation:
- Then, select the Role which you created in the previous step.
- Click "Save User". This completes the Magento Side configuration for the integration.
Configuring the Magento App inside HappyFox with the API credentials.
- Log in to HappyFox agent portal.
- Go to Apps >> E-Commerce >> Magento
- Click "Install".
- Enter the following Magento details:
- Server URL
- Your Username. (Username of the Webservice user created earlier)
- Your API Key. (API key of the Webservice user created earlier)
- Click Save. This enables the integration.
❇️ Did you know? HappyFox has a plugin available in Magento Connect through which you can view tickets from your HappyFox account inside Magento. Learn more here.
Magento Customer and Order information Displayed for the corresponding contact during ticket creation:
Magento Customer and Order information Displayed for the corresponding contact at ticket details page:
Tip: Clicking the pop-over icon next to the Order Ref redirects you to the corresponding order details page inside Magento. To go over to the customer details page, click the pop-over icon next to the Magento title text.
Q: Will my Magento version support this integration?
A: HappyFox utilizes the XML-RPC v1 API of Magento. This is available in all versions of Magento, including Enterprise, Go, and Community. To check if your site is setup correctly for XML-RPC v1, visit http://your-website.com/api/xmlrpc/ (replacing your-website with your actual domain). If you get back XML data, then you should be ready to connect to HappyFox.