Magento is an open source e-commerce platform which provides online sellers with a powerful shopping cart system, as well as control over the look, feel and functionality of their online store.
HappyFox - Magento Integration enables agents to view Magento customer and order information for a HappyFox contact while creating a new ticket and in the ticket details page.
Applicable Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
Integrating Magento with HappyFox involves:
- Creating your Magento API Credentials.
- Configuring the Magento App inside HappyFox with the API credentials.
In order to create your API credentials in Magento, you will need to first create a Webservice Role and then a Webservice User.
- Creating a WebService Role:
- Log in to your Magento Admin Panel.
- From global navigation, go to System >> Web Services >>SOAP/XML RPC – Roles.
- Click "Add a new Role". Specify a name for this Role. E.g "HF integration".
- From Left navigation, go to "Role Resources".
- Select “All” from the Resource Access drop down (This enables HappyFox to pull the necessary information into your helpdesk).
- Click "Save Role".
- Creating a WebService User:
- Go to your Magento Admin Panel.
- From global navigation, go to System > Web Services > SOAP/XML RPC – Users.
- Fill in the following fields in the User Info tab:
- First Name,
- Last Name,
- In the API Key field, specify a secure password (any number or letter string that you will remember). You would need to enter this information in HappyFox later.
- Make sure Account status is set to "Active".
- Go to User Role Tab from the left navigation:
- Then, select the Role which you created in the previous step.
- Click "Save User". This completes the Magento Side configuration for the integration.
- Log in to HappyFox agent portal.
- Go to Apps >> E-Commerce >> Magento
- Click "Install".
- Enter the following Magento details:
- Server URL
- Your Username. (Username of the Webservice user created earlier)
- Your API Key. (API key of the Webservice user created earlier)
- Click Save. This enables the integration.
Magento Customer and Order information Displayed for the corresponding contact during ticket creation:
Magento Customer and Order information Displayed for the corresponding contact at ticket details page:
Tip: Clicking the pop-over icon next to the Order Ref redirects you to the corresponding order details page inside Magento. To go over to the customer details page, click the pop-over icon next to the Magento title text.
Q: Will my Magento version support this integration?
A: HappyFox utilizes the XML-RPC v1 API of Magento. This is available in all versions of Magento, including Enterprise, Go, and Community. To check if your site is setup correctly for XML-RPC v1, visit http://your-website.com/api/xmlrpc/ (replacing your-website with your actual domain). If you get back XML data, then you should be ready to connect to HappyFox.