Magento is an open-source E-Commerce platform designed to help retailers create unique, differentiated branded experiences for their online stores. Magento 2 is the re-envisioned version of Magento with a brand new user-interface, improved features built using a different architecture.
Note: This article explains the installation and configuration process for Magento 2. If you are using Magento 1, please refer to this article instead.
Pricing Plans: All Plans
Integrating Magento 2 with HappyFox allows your agents to view customer information and their order history from within HappyFox ticket-detail pages and in new-ticket form. To configure Magento 2 app in HappyFox, you need to
Create an Integration in Magento 2 to retrieve the “Access Token”
Install and configure Magento 2 app inside HappyFox
Creating an Integration in Magento 2 and Retrieving the Access Token
1. Login to Magento 2 and click on “System” in the navigation menu. In the slide-out, select “Integrations” under the Extensions header.
2. In the Integrations page, click on “Add New Integration” button.
3. In the “Integration Info” sub-tab, enter a name for your integration and type your password to authenticate.
4. Click on the “API” subtab and grant access to the following resources by ticking against them:
Select “View” against Sales>Operations>Orders>Actions.
Select “All Resources” against Customers.
Select “All Stores” against Stores>Settings.
Then click “Save” to save the integration.
5. From the “Integrations” list page, click on “Activate” against the new Integration that you created.
5. Review the resource grants in the slide-out pane and click “Allow” to activate the integration.
6. Copy the value of “Access Token” from the next page and click “Done”.
Installing and Configuring Magento 2 app inside HappyFox
1. Login to HappyFox and navigate to the “Apps” module.
2. Either search for “Magento 2” or navigate to “E-Commerce” category to locate Magento 2 app.
Note: The other Magento app listed works only with Magento 1 instances. Ensure that you install the correct version of the app i.e., Magento 2 in this case.
3. Select the “Magento 2” app-tile and click Install.
4. In the configuration screen, enter the URL of your Magento 2 instance. For example, if your Magento 2 URL is https://store.magentoinstance.com then this needs to be entered here. Paste the value of “Access Token” copied from your Magento 2 instance as well.
5. Click “Save” to complete the configuration and to activate the integration.
Customer and Order Details from Magento
Customer and Order details from Magento is shown in HappyFox ticket-detail pages and in new-ticket form.
Customer details fetched from Magento include
Order details include
Items Ordered including quantity, price, tax, discount etc.
Total Amount Paid
Customer and Order details from Magento shown on the ticket-detail page
Customer and Order details from Magento shown while creating a new ticket