Azure DevOps Boards is a service for managing the work for your software projects. Teams need tools that flex and grow. Azure Boards does just that, bringing you a rich set of capabilities including native support for Scrum and Kanban, customizable dashboards, and integrated reporting.
With the Azure DevOps integration, HappyFox agents can create work items and monitor work item activity in the Azure Boards projects right from the linked ticket details page.
Applicable Plans: ✖️ Mighty ✖️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
Also available on all unlimited agents pricing plans!
HappyFox integration with Azure DevOps allows your agents to:
Create a new work item in Azure DevOps from within a ticket and link it.
Link an existing work item with a ticket.
Edit a work item linked with a ticket.
Enable two-way real-time synchronization between Azure DevOps work-item-comments and HappyFox ticket updates/private-notes.
Synchronize attachments from HappyFox ticket to Azure DevOps work items.
Auto-closing of HappyFox ticket, when linked Azure DevOps work item, is marked done.
- To create a work item, you must be a contributor to the Azure Boards project. If you don't have a project yet, you can sign up and create a project. For details, see Start using Azure Boards.
- To perform integration setup with HappyFox, you must be a member of the Azure Boards Project Administrators group or Team Administrators group. To get added, see Set permissions at the project- or collection-level or Add Team Administrator.
- Please login to Azure DevOps as an account admin > Navigate to the organization in which you are looking to integrate with HappyFox Helpdesk > Goto Organization Settings > Goto Policies Under Security > Ensure the toggle Third-party application access via OAuth is enabled.
Integrating Azure DevOps with HappyFox requires the following two steps
1. Login to HappyFox and navigate to the Main Menu > Apps module.
2. Navigate to Categories > Project Management and click on Azure DevOps app.
3. Click on the Install button below the app logo and then click on the Link Azure DevOps button in the next screen.
4. You will now be redirected to Microsoft login page to authenticate your Azure DevOps account. Enter your credentials or choose your Azure DevOps account and login.
5. Once the login is successful, you will be prompted to authorize the HappyFox app to connect to Azure DevOps. To do this, click on Accept.
6. On successfull authentication, you will be redirected to Azure DevOps apps page in HappyFox.
7. Note: To complete the App Installation, choose the Azure DevOps organization to which you want to integrate and then click on Save. Refer screenshot below.
8. Configure the required sync settings and then click on Save. Enable the integration by switching ON the Enable App toggle at the top, only after the integration is enabled all the sync settings will work.
Once Azure DevOps is installed, you can now configure the various synchronization settings that are available.
1. Navigate to Categories > Project Management and click on Azure DevOps app.
2. You will be able to see the linked Azure DevOps account Name and Email address
3. The Active Azure DevOps organization to which the integration is enabled will be selected as shown below.
4. You can now configure the various synchronization settings between HappyFox and Azure DevOps based on your project needs.
The various sync settings that are available are,
Sync HappyFox Updates to Azure DevOps
Once enabled, Ticket replies and Private notes from HappyFox will be automatically synced as Work Item - Comments inside Azure DevOps.
Sync Azure DevOps Comments to HappyFox
Once enabled, Work Item - Comments from Azure DevOps will be synced as Ticket - Updates in HappyFox.
Once enabled, Attachments will be synced from HappyFox to Azure DevOps Work Items
Once enabled, you can configure the Azure DevOps Project, Work Item type and map the various Work Item statuses to HappyFox Ticket statuses (as shown below in screenshot) based on which the automatic status sync should happen.
- Sync HappyFox ticket status when Azure DevOps work item is updated: Once enabled, based on the status mapping settings, status changes happening in Work Items will automatically synced to Tickets
- Sync Azure DevOps work item when HappyFox ticket status is updated: Once enabled, based on the status mapping settings done, status changes happening in Tickets will automatically synced to Work Items
NOTE: Statuses will be synced only based on the status mapping settings done here; statuses that are not configured will not be updated.
Mapping work item status to the respective ticket status
Enable email notifications for work item comments *
Once enabled, email notifications will be sent to the assigned agent from HappyFox whenever a new comment is synced from Azure DevOps Work Item. The notification template can be customized in the text editor below by inserting merge fields in it.
Default synchronization Settings, when a new Work item is created or linked from HappyFox. These settings will be taken up as defaults when you create or link a Work Item from HappyFox Ticket.
5. Voila! You're all set with the Azure DevOps Integration 🎉. Read on to know how to create/link/edit tasks within the ticketing interface.
Look out for the Azure DevOps section in your ticket details page > right sidebar to create a new work item for the ticket or link it to an existing work item in ADO.
Creating work items in Azure Boards from HappyFox:
Azure Boards work item information displayed in context of a HappyFox Ticket
Comments in Azure DevOps appearing as Azure DevOps Sync notes in HappyFox:
Sample private notes from HappyFox being synced as comments in Azure DevOps work item:
Q: I don't see the Azure DevOps app listing in my HappyFox app marketplace.
A: Azure DevOps integration is available on Enterprise and above pricing plans of HappyFox. Please check with your help desk administrator that your agent role has the "Manage apps settings" permission.
Q: Who gets the notification for the Azure DevOps sync notes?
A: All agents with "Manage apps settings" permission.
Q: How many organizations in Azure Boards can I link with HappyFox?
A: At this point, it is possible to link only one organization with HappyFox.
Q: Do I need to be the administrator in Azure DevOps to configure the integration?
Q: What does the "Close this ticket when Azure DevOps task is closed" toggle do?
A: When this toggle is enabled, whenever the linked Azure DevOps task is marked as complete, the HappyFox ticket will be automatically moved to the first status (by order) with the "Completed" Status behavior.
Q. Can a single Azure DevOps work item be linked to multiple HappyFox tickets?
A: Yes, if there are repetitive support queries related to the same dev work item, then multiple HappyFox tickets can be linked to the same Azure DevOps work item.
To unlink/remove Azure DevOps integration, please go to the Azure DevOps app manage page and click the "Unlink" button. This action will unlink all the Azure DevOps tasks associated with your tickets and delete your current configuration. Please exercise caution while this action is being performed.
To disable the Azure DevOps app temporarily, please choose to disable the app instead, from the "Azure DevOps Sync Settings" section.