To export the tickets from your help desk, please navigate to Reports >> Exports from the module switcher. If you don't see this option, make sure your agent role has the managerial permission "Export reports".
Applicable Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
Quick Guide to export your tickets to spreadsheets:
- Navigate to Report >> Exports.
- Click the "+" button to create a new export.
- Choose a date range for the ticket export.
- Filter the export by choosing one among the following:
- Created time: Considers all the tickets that were created during the time-frame specified for ticket export.
- Resolved time: Considers all the tickets that were resolved during the time-frame specified for ticket export.
- Updated time: Considers all the tickets that had a ticketing activity during the time-frame specified for the ticket export.
- Click "Additional Filter" to add any ticket-level filter to your report export.
- Click "next". In the subsequent page, choose the relevant ticket categories along with the desired ticket and contact fields that should be included in the ticket export.
Choose to Strip Newlines from Text Values: Enabling this option will strip out newline characters, tabs and extra whitespaces from the text values of your exported report. Note: Choose this option if Excel is unable to import your exported report.
Click "next". In the subsequent page, you can set the spreadsheet format for the ticket export - .xlsx or .csv
You can also save the current preference for the report export - if you wish to perform another similar export in the future. Saved preferences can be accessed by clicking the dropdown located adjacent to the "+" button on the export list page.
Click "Export" to begin the export process.
Once a ticket export is begun, you can see a corresponding entry in the "My ongoing Exports" table. Once the export is ready for download, the agent who initiated the export will be sent an e-mail with the downloadable export link.
Alternatively, once the export is complete, agents can download exports by clicking the corresponding "download" link from the "All Past Exports" table.
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q):
1. Can other agents in my help desk access my export download link?
A: No. Export download link is exclusive to the agent who initiated the export.
2. How do I cancel an ongoing export?
A: To cancel an ongoing export, click the "Cancel" link for the corresponding export in the "My ongoing exports" table.
3. Do export download links expire?
A: Yes. Download links for report exports expire after 3 days.
3. I am getting empty cells during the export. What could be the reason?
A: Excel has a limit of 65530 hyperlinks per sheet and trying to export more than that would show empty cells.