What's Changed in the New KB agent module?
This document illustrates the changes made to the KB management module in its first major revamp. The changes made to the module are enlisted page-wise for your perusal.
🔀 = Change in behavior from the previous edition of KB
🆕 = New feature introduced in the v2 of KB.
☑️ = Existing v1 Behaviour matched with v2 KB
❌ = Feature skipped in v2 KB
📝= Possible feature enhancements.
- 🆕 Nifty "+" button adjacent to subsection enables you to create sections without having to leave the browse flow.
- 🔀 Most Viewed Articles list replaces the Recently Edited articles list in Browse home page.
- 🆕 Section cards now have "Descriptions" for better understanding of the topic/section, particularly for internal knowledge base users.
- 🆕 The count of articles in the subsection is now listed inside the card in Section Detail pages, along with the list of subsections. This value is not recursive.
- ☑️ Browse is fully multi-lingual supported and the dropdown on top-right behaves the same way it did on the previous edition.
- ☑️ Browse Search is also present in v2 KB.
- ❌ Section filter is now removed but instead moved to the search present in article and section list screens.
- 🆕 Article type is one of the search result components.
- 📝 There is an improvement to KB search planned in the upcoming weeks.
- URL changes:
Article Details page:
- 🆕 Relative Breadcrumbs: Breadcrumbs now follow the relative path in which the agent landed in article details page -> through browse or through article list page.
- 🆕 Translating an article is now possible through the translate option present. Note: Multilingual KB should be enabled for the translate option to appear.
- 🆕 Created by and Created at are two new metrics tracked for Articles and are present inside "Article Info".
- 🆕 An article can have two states -> published/drafts. Learn more about drafts here. The article state is also a component of "Article Info".
- ☑️ Article Preview is now re-imaged as a "pop-out" icon in the design,
- 🆕 Section component inside "Article Info" always show the true section hierarchy of the article, even in cases where the breadcrumbs are relative.
- URL change: (Article in URL becomes Articles)
Article Edit Screen:
- 🆕 Rich Text Editor:
- RTE made more WYSIWYG in article staff preview.
- Default Font: Open Sans
- Default Font Size : 16px
- New Features added:
- Horizontal Line
- Paste from Word
- Find and Replace
- Code Snippet
- Media Embed.
- 🆕 RTE has auto-grow feature and can be either restricted in height or can be viewed in full screen for optimal editing experience.
- ☑️ No major behavioral changes done to others create article components such as slug-text, tags, etc.
- 🆕 Unpublished/New articles have the option to save them as "Drafts" prior to the article publishing. Learn more here.
Article List Page:
- 🆕 Article titles along with essential article information such as view count, last updated by, etc. represented in columnar fashion.
- 🆕 Internal, External and Drafts form three tabs of the article list page. Clicking on each tab will list the corresponding article of that visibility mode.
- 🆕 Category, Section and Tag Filters are added for easy narrowing of articles of similar type.
- ☑️ Language dropdown enables you to filter out articles that have been translated into another language.
- 🆕 Articles can be sorted by Title, Last updated and views.
- ☑️ Article details page navigated from Article list page will have External/Internal/Draft Articles >> <Article Name> as the breadcrumb owing to its relative nature.
- 🆕 Search boxes are present for all the three tabs inside Article List page.
Section List Page:
- The section backbone structure of your KB is represented in a hiearchical tree-like expandable table.
- To view subsections of a section, expand the parent section by clicking on the "Arrow".
- ☑️Article Count and Number of Sub-sections are displayed recursively - similar to v1
- 🆕 Search boxes are present Section List page to quickly find a section
- 🆕 Category filters are added for easy narrowing of sections of similar brand.
- 🆕 Clicking on Each section row will open the "Section Preview Slider" -> where essential information about the section can be edited and saved.
- ☑️ Sections can also be translated with the "Translate" option present in more action (Three dots) or inside "Section Preview Slider".
- ☑️ Agents can switch language through the dropdown to find the list of translated sections in their knowledge base.