Here's everything you need to know about deleting a category from your helpdesk.
How to delete a Category?
- Log in to your agent portal.
- Make sure your role has the permission " Manage Categories" enabled 🔐.
- Go to Manage >> Categories from the module switcher.
- Under "Current Categories", you will find the list of categories currently available in your helpdesk.
- Hover over the desired category and click "Delete".
- In the subsequent pop-up choose to either:
- Change the category of the constituent tickets to a different one.
- Delete all tickets in this category.
- Click "Confirm Delete".
- Warning ⚠️ : Deleting a Category is an irreversible change. Please exercise caution before proceeding to delete a category.
- Deleting a category and choosing to either move or delete its constituent tickets takes time.⏳You can track the progress of the deletion using the progress indicator.
Cases that require an action before initiating the deletion of a category:
- The Category is used as an action or condition in any of the following:
- Smart Rules.
- Ticket Templates.
- The category is associated with a Multi-Brand.
- The category is associated with a social media integration such as Facebook/Twitter.
- The Category is associated with a voice integration such as RingCentral.
In the above cases, you must disassociate the category with the above-mentioned items before proceeding to deletion.