Configure Microsoft Dynamics 365 Integration with HappyFox
HappyFox integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 lets you access your customer information from your HappyFox interface, and also allows you to view the tickets as cases in MS Dynamics interface. You would need an existing Dynamics 365 subscription to enable this integration.
Microsoft Dynamics is one of the leading Customer Relationship Management software in the market that provides sales, service, and marketing capabilities. The cloud variant does not require customers to have their own servers running the application and is instead bought as a service from Microsoft (SaaS model).
Applicable Plans: ✖️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
List of MS Dynamics variants supported by HappyFox:
- Microsoft Dynamics Online/ Microsoft Dynamics 365 (2016- Present) Recommended
- Microsoft Dynamics Online (2011 - 2015).
- Microsoft Dynamics On-premise.
Important Note❗️: These variants are listed as three different entities inside the HappyFox CRM apps page. Please cross-check your MS dynamics edition before installing the appropriate app.
Basic Integration Setup Guide:
Heads up! This article covers in detail about the configuration steps for Microsoft Dynamics online / Microsoft Dynamics 365 (2016-present).
- Log in to HappyFox as an agent.
- Navigate to Apps >> CRM >> Microsoft Dynamics Online (2016 or Later)
- Click "Install".
- Enter the following information:
- MS Dynamics 365 account URL. Click here to know how to find your Dynamics URL.
- Administrator Email id.
- Administrator Password.
- Click "Save". This Enables dynamics integration.
Setting up Field Visibilities:
Choose the Contact, Lead and Account fields from MS Dynamics 16 that need to be shown in ticket-detail and new-ticket form.
- Go to Apps >> CRM >> Microsoft Dynamics 365 ( 2016 or later) (Skip this step if you're already on dynamics integrations page).
- Click "Manage". Scroll down to "Setup Fields" section.
- Click the checkbox adjacent to the respective MS dynamics field if you'd like them to be displayed as contextual contact/lead/account inside HappyFox.
- You can choose the order in which the fields need to be displayed by dragging selected fields.
- Once you're done, click "Save" towards the bottom of the page. You're done with the field visibility setup.
Tip! HappyFox pulls up relevant contact, account and lead information based upon the e-mail address of the contact who've raised the ticket.
Contextual contact, account and lead information shown while creating a new ticket:
Contextual contact, account and lead information shown in ticket details page:
Performing Contact/Account/Lead search from HappyFox:
- Go to the desired ticket details page.
- Navigate to the "Search" tab inside MS dynamics integration module in the right sidebar.
- Search for leads/contacts/accounts depending on the subset.
- You will be presented with a list of search results matching the search term.
- Click "Compare" to get a side-by-side preview of all the search results, along with their respective fields.
Create a new Contact/Account/Lead from HappyFox:
- Go to the desired ticket details page.
- Navigate to Account/Lead/Contact accordion.
- Click Create a new Account/Lead/Contact.
- Fill in the necessary details from the slide-in.
- Click "Create". This completes the new lead/contact/account creation process.
Push ticket information to MS Dynamics CRM on creating new tickets
To enable pushing tickets into CRM, Turn on the " Push Ticket Information to CRM " toggle in Apps >> CRM >> Microsoft Dynamics Online (2016 or later) >> Manage:
If you'd like to avoid private notes being posted to the CRM, you can turn off the setting "Push private notes to CRM".
Linking HappyFox tickets with Dynamics Contact/Account:
- Navigate to the desired ticket details page.
- In the MS dynamics integration section in the sidebar, you will be able to find the list of contacts/accounts/leads for the HappyFox contact.
- Choose to link a contact or an account with the HappyFox ticket by clicking the "Link" button adjacent to the contact/account.
- If a contact is linked, the ticket updates from HappyFox are pushed into Dynamics as "Service Cases" listed against the contact.
- If an account is linked, the ticket updates from HappyFox are pushed into Dynamics as "Service Cases" listed against the account.
Warning ⚠️: You can link only one dynamics contact or account with your HappyFox ticket. Also, you cannot have a combination of contacts & accounts linked with a specific HappyFox ticket.
Items Synchronized between HappyFox and MS Dynamics:
- Ticket Status:
- If there is a direct match between HappyFox ticket status and MS Dynamics Case status reasons,
- Any change to HappyFox ticket status will correspondingly reflect in MS Dynamics as status reasons.
- If there is no direct match between HappyFox ticket status and MS Dynamics Case Status,
- Changes to HappyFox Status behavior i.e, Pending and Closed, will correspondingly reflect in MS Dynamics as resolved/ unresolved.
- Ticket ID and Subject:
- Ticket ID and Subject form a part of the Case Subject inside MS Dynamics.
- Ticket content, replies, and private notes:
- Ticket content, replies, and private notes form a part of the "posts" linked to the corresponding dynamics case.
- Past Linked Tickets:
- Past HappyFox tickets linked against the Dynamics contact/account are shown under "Recent Cases" section inside dynamics.
Sample MS Dynamics Service Case with HappyFox Ticket information:
Disable MS Dynamics online (2016 or Later) App from HappyFox:
Only one CRM app can be active in your HappyFox account. If you would like to try out other CRM apps, you have to disable the MS Dynamics CRM app first.
- Go to Apps >> CRM >> Microsoft Dynamics Online (2016 or later)
- Click "Manage".
- To temporarily disable the app, click "disable the app" link inside "Status".