Using Okta Single Sign-On (SSO), you can allow agents and contacts to Login to HappyFox Agent Panel(for agents) and Support Center(for contacts) through their Okta credentials.
Applicable Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️Enterprise Plus
Enabling Okta Login SSO for your HappyFox account Involves:
- Creating an Application in Okta With HappyFox Callback URL.
- Assigning Users to the newly created Okta Application.
- Installing the Okta SSO app inside HappyFox with the SSO target URL and IDP signature.
- Log in to your Okta Account.
- Go to Admin Panel by clicking "Admin" towards the top right.
- Click Add Applications on the right side of the Admin page.
- Click Create New App and choose SAML 2.0 in the pop over and click 'Create'.
- Create a SAML 2.0 authentication app in Okta by adding the following values:
- Name : <Any name>.
- Single sign on URL: https://<youraccountname>.happyfox.com/staff/saml/callback
- Audience URI: https://<youraccountname>.happyfox.com/
- Default RelayState: <blank>
- NameID format: EmailAddress.
- Application Username: Okta Username
- Attribute Statements:
- Specify that you choose to configure Okta as an internal application.
- Click "Finish" to complete application creation inside Okta.
- Under Sign on Tab (Automatically Redirected post successful installation), click "View Setup Instructions".
- Note down the "Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL" and "X.509 Certificate" values.
- From the Admin Panel, go to Applications >> [Your Created Application].
- Under the Assignments tab, click "Assign". Choose:
- Assign to people for individual assignment.
- Assign to groups for group assignment.
- Choose and add the users/groups to the application.
- Click "Done" to complete the assignment.
These users will now be able to use Okta for Single Sign-on into HappyFox ❇️.
- Log in to HappyFox as an agent.
- Go to Apps >> Single Sign On >> Okta.
- Click "Install".
- Choose "Okta" under "Choose SSO provider".
- Paste the contents of:
- Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL (From Okta) as SSO Target URL (Inside HappyFox).
- X.509 Certificate (From Okta) as IdP Signature (Inside HappyFox).
- Enable "Authenticate helpdesk agent using SAML" if you want Okta SSO made available for Agents.
- Enable "Authenticate end users using SAML" if you want Okta SSO made available for Contacts.
- Enable "Map Custom Field Values from SAML" if you want Okta SSO to map custom fields from HappyFox with Okta.
- Click "Save Settings" to complete the integration.
- Log in to your Okta account. Go to your Admin Portal.
- Go to Applications >> [Your Created Application].
- Navigate to General Tab, scroll down to SAML settings and click "Edit".
- Under Attributes statements, click "Add Another".
- Use the following format to map HF custom field with Okta's.
For the contact fields mapping to work, ensure mapping Custom Field values from SAML is enabled inside HappyFox. To know more about this feature, please refer to this article
<Custom Field Name>
- Click Finish to update the Application.
Post Successful Mapping, every time the customer logs into HappyFox using the Okta SSO, the contact custom fields in HappyFox are updated based on the fields that you have stored against that contact in your Okta Account.
Learn more about Okta Attributes Statements here.
Once the configuration is done, Contacts can click on the Okta Button in the Support center login page to initiate the SSO workflow. If Configured, Agents can also click on the Okta button in their agent login page to do the same.
Sample Contact login Workflow: