Using Okta Single Sign-On (SSO), you can allow agents and contacts to Login to HappyFox Agent Panel(for agents) and Support Center(for contacts) through their Okta credentials.
Applicable Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️Enterprise Plus
Enabling Okta Login SSO for your HappyFox account Involves:
- Creating an Application in Okta With HappyFox Callback URL.
- Assigning Users to the newly created Okta Application.
- Installing the Okta SSO app inside HappyFox with the SSO target URL and IDP signature.
Creating an Application in Okta With HappyFox Callback URL:
- Log in to your Okta Account as an admin.
- Go to Admin Dashboard by clicking "Admin" towards the top panel.
- Navigate to "Applications" from the navigation.
- Click "Browse applications".
- Search for "HappyFox". Click "Add".
- In the subsequent screen, opt to edit the application name and logo.
- In the SubDomain field, Enter your HappyFox SubDomain. For example, if you log into https://acme.happyfox.com/, enter: acme
- Click "Done" to complete your SSO application creation inside Okta.
- Under Sign-on Tab, click "View Setup Instructions".
- Scroll down to steps 5 and 6 inside "View Setup Instructions" and note down the "SSO Target URL" and "IdP signature" values.
Assigning Users to the newly created Okta Application.
- From the Admin Panel, go to Applications >> [Your Created Application].
- Under the Assignments tab, click "Assign". Choose:
- Assign to people for individual assignment.
- Assign to groups for group assignment.
- Choose and add the users/groups to the application.
- Click "Done" to complete the assignment.
These users will now be able to use Okta for Single Sign-on into HappyFox ❇️.
Installing the Okta SSO app inside HappyFox with the SSO target URL and IDP signature.
- Log in to HappyFox as an agent.
- Go to Apps >> Single Sign On >> Okta.
- Click "Install".
- Under "SAML Configuration", choose "Okta" under "Choose SSO provider".
- Paste the contents of:
- SSO Target URL (From Okta) as SSO Target URL (Inside HappyFox).
- IdP Signature (From Okta) as IdP Signature (Inside HappyFox).
- Enable "Authenticate helpdesk agent using SAML" if you want Okta SSO made available for Agents.
- Enable "Authenticate end users using SAML" if you want Okta SSO made available for Contacts.
- Enable "Map Custom Field Values from SAML" if you want Okta SSO to map custom fields from HappyFox with Okta.
- Click "Save Settings" to complete the integration.
Note: Only one SAML based Single Sign On integration can be active at a time, in a HappyFox helpdesk account.
Disabling Traditional Logins for Contact/Agents
For added security, you can choose to completely disable traditional "Agent" and "Contact" username/password login workflows.
To do this,
- Log in to HappyFox Agent Portal.
- Navigate to Apps >> SSO >> Okta.
- Under Basic SAML settings,
- Mark "Disable standard login for agents" as True.
- Mark "Disable standard logins for contacts" as True.
- Choosing the above setting will redirect the corresponding agent/contact to login directly via Okta credentials to their contact/agent portals respectively.
Custom Field Mapping in Okta
<Custom Field Name>
- Log in to your Okta account. Go to your Admin Portal.
- Go to Applications >> [Your Created Application].
- Navigate to General Tab, scroll down to SAML settings and click "Edit".
- Under Attributes statements, click "Add Another".
- Use the format represented above to map HF custom field with Okta's.
- Click Finish to update the Application.
Once the configuration is done, Contacts can click on the Okta Button in the Support center login page to initiate the SSO workflow. If Configured, Agents can also click on the Okta button in their agent login page to do the same.
Sample Contact login Walkthrough:
Sample Agent login Walkthrough: