Use canned Actions for frequent replies
Respond to repetitive support queries faster by inserting canned responses in ticket replies, without spending time typing manual replies. HappyFox allows you to create a repository of Canned Actions, which can be used for ticket reply or private note.
Canned Actions has two functions:
Auto-fills a predefined response with dynamic placeholders (Merge Fields).
Performs changes to ticket properties such as status, priority, assignee etc.
Note: Both the functions mentioned above are optional towards defining a Canned Action. For example, Canned Actions can be customized to do ticket property changes without inserting any message.
Available on all pricing plans.
Go to Automate >> Canned Actions.
Note: Page visibility is governed by a permission "Manage Canned Actions". If you are not able to see this page, contact your administrator.
Manage Canned Actions:
In this page, in addition to viewing existing/creating new canned actions, you may
- Export all Canned Actions to CSV/Excel.
- Edit, Clone or Delete Canned Actions through more actions.
Create a New Canned Action:
- Click Create a Canned Action.
- Enter the content of the message that will be added on applying the Canned Action. Adding message as part of a Canned Action is optional.
- Choose the ticket properties that need to change and set appropriate values.
- Enter name and description for the Canned Action. Choose applicable categories and define if the Canned Action will be publicly available.
- Click Finish Creating a Canned Action
Using Merge fields in Canned Actions message:
You can add merge-fields to your canned action message and have them replaced in real-time while adding a canned action to a ticket reply or a private note.
View/Modify Existing Canned Actions:
- Click on the desired Canned Action to view/edit in the Canned Actions page.
- Find all the information about that Canned Action in the "Quick Preview".
- Click "Edit" to edit the Canned Action information.
- Click "Clone" to create a similar Canned Action.
- Click "Delete" to delete the Canned Action.
Add Canned Action to a Ticket Reply/Private Note:
- Go to Ticket Details page of any ticket.
- Make sure Canned Actions are defined for the ticket's associated category.
- Click "Reply" or "Private Note".
- Select the desired Canned Actions from the list of Canned Actions inside the editor.
- Confirm your changes to text and send a reply.
To know how Canned Actions work in HappyFox Classic, refer to the document attached.