What is life cycle reporting?
Life cycle reports shows the time distribution of tickets across various statuses in your account. The time duration that each ticket was present in a specific status is presented here. If required, life cycle reports also considers work schedule based time and excludes non-work hours and holidays from the time shown in the report. The report is only available as a Excel/CSV download.
How can I create a life cycle report?
1. Go to Manage>>Reports>>Life Cycle Report.
2. Click on the Add a new Life Cycle report icon at the bottom.
3. Provide a name for the report.
4. Choose a work schedule from the drop down which shows the work schedules available on your account. Once this is chosen, the start and end times of the work days will be considered for the report accordingly and the holidays added will also be considered while the report is built
5. You can choose to base this life cycle report on 3 parameters - Status, Assignee or Category.
-Status: Shows time spent on tickets moving across various statuses.
-Assignee: Shows time spent on tickets across staff members assigned to the tickets.
-Category: Shows time spent on tickets in each category that the ticket has been moved across.
6. Save the report
Download the life cycle report
1. Click on the report name or the view link beside the report name.
2. Choose the Month and Year for which you wish to see the life cycle report. The data exported will be those tickets which are created in this month/year.
3. Once you click on 'Start', it gets queued for calculation and download. The progress is shown next to each download.
4. Once the status is completed, the CSV and XLS downloads become available.
5. Click on Download CSV/Download Excel to download the completed report.
6. Once the report status is completed and ready for download, it is available for 6 days. You can discard the report at any time you want and the download instance is removed.
7. Please note that based on the number of tickets in your account, this action will take time.