FreshBooks integration allows you to view customer information from FreshBooks on HappyFox tickets. You can also add time spent in FreshBooks for the customer against a service or project directly from HappyFox.
This article contains the instructions to link HappyFox with the latest version of FreshBooks. If you're still using FreshBooks Classic, check out this article.
Applicable FreshBooks Plans: ✔️ Lite ✔️ Plus ✔️ Premium ✔️ Select
1. Log in to HappyFox as an agent.
2. Navigate to Apps >> Accounting >> FreshBooks.
3. Click "Install".
4. Click on the "Link FreshBooks" button from the app's manage screen.
5. You will now be prompted to sign in to FreshBooks.
6. Once you successfully sign in, authorize the HappyFox app by clicking on the "Authorize" button.
7. Your FreshBooks app will now be installed.
8. From the FreshBooks configuration settings, select the FreshBooks account to link to HappyFox. At this point it is possible to link only one FreshBooks account with HappyFox.
9. Save your settings.
Viewing/Managing FreshBooks Client Information Inside HappyFox:
The integration displays the client information from Freshbooks for matching HappyFox contacts. These details are shown in 3 prominent areas:
1. Inside the ticket detail page.
2. While creating new tickets.
3. Inside the contact detail page.
Tip: Clicking the "Pop-out" icon next to FreshBooks would land you directly inside the client details page inside FreshBooks.
Adding Time Spent values under the relevant projects/service:
- In addition to viewing the client details, you can also "Add Time Spent" for the corresponding client for billing purposes.
- If you choose to click on "Add Time Spent" under the integration, this time will be billed directly to the chosen project in Freshbooks. Options to add a note for the time spent entry is also available.
- Note: Time Spent addition inside FreshBooks Integration is not the same as the native "Time Spent" value in HappyFox tickets.