ClassLink is a leading provider of cloud-based Single Sign-On solutions that connect educators and students with the software used in their classrooms. The following features are supported via this SSO integration:
1. Agent login to agent portal using ClassLink SSO.
2. Customer login to support center using ClassLink SSO.
3. Disable traditional login via username & password.
4. Copy relevant contact custom-field values to HappyFox when customers log in to the support center for the first time using ClassLink SSO.
Quick Guide to Configure ClassLink SSO:
Obtaining Target URL and IdP Signature from ClassLink: (Learn more)
- In ClassLink Management Console, go to Single Sign-On → SAML Console.
- Click ADD NEW.
- Copy the IDP Metadata URL. This is a unique URL for your organization.
- Click the 3 dots and click Edit.
- On this page, you’ll find the METADATA URL. Open this URL in a new browser tab.
- Look for the XML tag with value X509Certificate
- Copy the value displayed in the XML tag <dsig:X509Certificate> . This will be your ‘Idp Signature’ to be entered in the Manage Apps page of HappyFox Help Desk
- Click on the drop-down next to the IDP Metadata URL and select Copy IDP Initiate Login URL. This will be the ‘SSO Target URL’ to be entered in the Manage Apps page of HappyFox Help Desk
- Note: Please map the custom fields: Given Name and Family Name.
- Refer: Mapping Custom Fields on how to map custom fields in HappyFox
Configuring ClassLink SAML for Single Sign-On (in HappyFox):
- Navigate to Apps → Single Sign-on → ClassLink.
- Click the ‘Manage’ button.
- Enter the SSO Target URL (obtained from the above steps in ClassLink) in the SSO Target URL field.
- The ‘IdP Signature’ field will take the value obtained from X.509 XML tag (as shown in the above ClassLink steps).
- Additionally, you can specify if you would want just agents, or end-users as well, to authenticate their login using SAML.
- Enable the "Map Custom Field values from SAML option to synchronized contact custom fields with the identity provider. Learn more
- You can disable the traditional username/password login method by enabling the "Disable Standard login for agent/contact" toggle.
ClassLink Single Sign-on for Contacts (HappyFox Support Center):
ClassLink Single Sign-on for Agents (HappyFox Agent Portal):