You can add actions in HappyFox Workflows once you have completed the important webhook set up process. Please ensure a webhook is triggered using a sample ticket or event.
Steps to add an action:
- Log in to HappyFox Workflows.
- Open the required Workflow.
- A blank action box would be available by default.
- Click on the blank box. You can view a list of integrated applications.
- Under each application name, you can view the list of all available actions that can be automated inside the respective application.
- Note: Actions tagged under ‘Workflows’ are generic in nature.
- Select the required action from the dropdown.
- Note: Here the addition of ‘Create Task’ is shown as an example.
- Each action that needs to be automated would require its own set of fields to be populated. This is available in the right side pane of the action.
- Enter the required values for each field. The value of a field can either be manually hardcoded or dynamic fetched from the event.
- Static field values: Whenever this action is invoked, the value of the field will be a constant. For example, the task name is manually added in the right pane and hence it is static. All tickets on which the workflow will get triggered would have the same task name.
- Dynamic values: Whenever the action is invoked, the value of the field will be dynamically populated from the event triggering the webhook. For example, the task assignee is inherited from the event (ticket) and hence it is dynamic in nature. Whenever this action is initiated for a ticket, the assignee of the ticket will become the task assignee.
- Click ‘Save and Test’. This would perform the action in the corresponding system.
- Log in to the required application and view the action that had taken place.
- Continue to build the workflow by adding actions as required. It is important to ‘Save and Test’ an action before proceeding to the next action.
Note: As you build the workflow, the field values of the preceding workflow action can be consumed in the subsequent actions.
Once the workflow with the required set of actions is ready, enable the workflow ON. Henceforth, whenever the webhook is triggered the actions would be automated.