Similar to ticket fields and contact fields, contact group fields are custom fields that can be created for contact groups in your helpdesk. These can be used to store information about the contact’s organization(organizational fields) which holds true across all the tickets raised by the contact.
How to enable this feature for my HappyFox account?
Go to Manage >> Account Settings >> Feature Settings >> View contact group information in tickets (click switch to enable)
Once this feature is active, you will start viewing the contact group information in the following areas:
- Agent New ticket form
- Ticket detail page
Who can create this contact group custom fields?
Agents with “Manage contact group custom fields” permission can create/edit/delete these fields.
How to create a contact group custom fields?
- Go to Manage >> Custom fields >> Contact Group custom fields.
- Click on the “+” button to create custom fields.
- Fill in the below fields to create your contact field
- Field Name: Name of the field
- Depends on: Allows making this field dependent on the value of some other contact group field thereby establishing a parent-child relationship between them.
- Type: The field can be of text/number/dropdown/multiple options/date format. This defines the type of input the field can hold.
- Note: You cannot edit the field type once the contact group custom field is created.
- Required: When set to yes, this field becomes a compulsory field to fill before saving any edit made on “Contact group custom fields”.
Edit/delete contact group custom fields:
Click the custom fields to view the read-only form of the field as shown below. Click on “Edit” or “Delete” to perform the respective actions.