Agents can change their password for security reasons or reset it if they forget it. HappyFox also gives you the flexibility to change/re-set other agents' passwords, if required.
Applicable Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
Change/Reset password for yourself:
Agents can either reset or change their agent portal password in two ways:
Forgot password option from login page:
- From the login page, click on the “Forgot password” link.
- Provide agent’s login email ID and confirm.
- This will trigger an email with a password reset link to the agent.
- The agent can then follow the link in the email to reset the password.
Change password option from My Settings:
- Post Log in to agent portal, click on the “My Settings” from the profile drop down.
- From the “Basic Info” tab, click on “Change password” to initiate the password change process.
- Provide your current and a new password and save to change your password.
Reset/change password for other agents:
As a Help Desk agent, you will be able to set the password for other agents or you can trigger a 'password reset' to allow the agent to set a password for oneself.
You can reset passwords for other agents inside Manage >> Agents page.
- Go to Manage >> Agents.
- Navigate to the desired agent details page.
- Click "Change Password" on the top right.
- Provide your agent password for security reasons and verify captcha (if prompted).
HappyFox provides three unique ways of changing/resetting other agents' password:
- Send an email to the agent with a Password Reset Link:
Choosing this option sends an email with the password reset link to the corresponding agent's mailbox. Agents can then proceed to click the link present to change his/her password.
Reset Password link is valid for 48 hours ⌛️
- Change the password for the agent manually:
Use this option if you want to directly specify the agent's password without having to go through the hassles of a password reset. Under the "Manual Reset Password "section, specify the password and click " Change password " to complete password change.
- Specify a "One-Time-Password" for the agent:
Use this option if you want to specify an OTP for the agent, only for the agent to change/modify his/her password post their next immediate login. Under the "Manual Reset Password" section, specify the password and check "Require a change of password during next login" checkbox