A doughnut chart is suitable to depict parts of a whole relationship, where all units together represent 100%. It is a variation of the pie chart.
Steps to build a Doughnut chart using HappyFox BI:
- Click on Add Visualization button.
- Give a name for your visualization under the field Name.
- Choose Doughnut chart from the Visualization type dropdown.
- Select the preferred dataset and date range for which you want to build your visualization.
Now choose the field of analysis. For example, if you want to analyse each Ticket source's percentage contribution to the overall ticket inflow, Ticket Source should be the field added here.
Now choose the attribute whose value is to be aggregated under each of the Sources. For the above example, the Ticket count field has to be added as the value field.
- There are different ways to aggregate the field that you choose for Value. Some options are Count, Sum, Average, Percentile, Distinct Count.
- Group Threshold: This setting allows you to set the Group Threshold value ie., All the fields contributing less than the threshold value will be grouped together. In the above example, consider the Ticket Source and inflow count as Mail- 42, Social Media- 1, Webform 50, Chat Inquiries- 3, and Call- 4. If you want to group all the Ticket Source that contribute less than 5% of the total tickets, then the Group Threshold value would be 5. Now the Ticket Source displayed in the doughnut chart would be Webform (50%), Mail (42%), and Others (8%).
- The grouping label is set to Others as default but can be edited under the Group Label to your choice.
- Drilldown: If you want to add Drill-down fields, add them in the order you want them. Multiple fields can be added under drill-down. In the above example, for a given Source, if you want to drill down to view their ticket category, add the field Category as a drill-down.
- Filter: You can choose to add the required filter conditions.
- Sort: Sort the visualization as required.
- Label Settings: You can hide the label, legend under the Visualization settings tab by enabling the toggle.