A data tile is suitable to depict a unit value of any attribute.
Steps to build a Data tile using HappyFox BI:
- Click on Add Visualization button.
- Give a name for your visualization under the field Name.
- Choose Data tile from the Visualization type dropdown.
- Select the preferred dataset and date range for which you want to build your visualization.
Now choose an attribute for the Label field. Generally, this could be the field you want to analyse. For eg, if you want to know the Category with the highest Ticket count, the Category field should be chosen under Label.
Now choose a field for Value. For the above example, Tickets count should be the value. By default, the category with the highest ticket count gets displayed now in the data tile, however, if you want to display the category with the least ticket count, you can modify the sorting option to Ascending under sort options.
- Aggregation for value field allows you to choose the type of aggregation of value field under the label field. The options are Average, Percentile. Choosing Average for the above example will result in the display of average tickets count across Categories.
Comparison Metric: The Comparison Metric is used when the Compare Dates feature is used. It indicates the nature of the metric that is measured. For example, if your goal is to reduce the ticket count inflow and you observe a fall in tickets count this month when compared to the previous month, then this fall in value is good. So, comparison metric should be set as Lower the better which will display the percentage difference between the periods in green and the vice-versa in red.
- Filter: You can choose to add the required filter conditions.
- Sort: Sort the visualization as required.
- Heading: You can update the title of the data tile by editing the Heading.
- Label Settings: The Label position can also be changed between Top and Bottom.
- Target Field: The field chosen under Value gets highlighted by default, it can be altered by choosing the desired field under the Target field dropdown.
- Visualization settings: You can choose to add Prefix and Suffix to the Value under this tab.