HappyFox contacts can change their password for security reasons or reset it if they forget it. HappyFox also gives agents the flexibility to change/reset a contact's passwords, if required.
Applicable Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
Change/Reset password for contact(self):
Contacts can either reset or change their contact portal password in two ways:
- From the support center login page, click on the “Forgot password” link.
- Provide contact login email ID and confirm.
- This will trigger an email with a password reset link to the contact.
- The contact can then click the link in the email to reset the password.
- Post Log in to contact portal, click on the “My Settings” from the top navigation tab
- Under the "Change Password" section, contacts can provide their current and a new password and click "change password" to confirm changes.
Reset/change password for contacts from Agent Portal:
As a Help Desk agent, you will be able to set the password for contacts in your help desk or you can trigger a 'password reset' to allow the contact to set a password for oneself.
Quick Guide to Reset/Change Contact Password:
- Go to Contacts from module switcher.
- Navigate to the desired contact details page.
- Click More Actions >> Reset Password.
- Provide your agent password for security reasons and verify captcha (if prompted).
HappyFox provides three unique ways of changing/resetting contacts' password from agent side:
- Send an email to the contact with a Password Reset Link:
Choosing this option sends an email with the password reset link to the corresponding contact's mailbox. Contacts can then proceed to click the link present to change his/her password.
Reset Password link is valid for 48 hours ⌛️
- Change the password for the contact manually:
Use this option if you want to directly specify the contact's password without having to go through the hassles of a password reset. Under the "Manual Reset Password "section, specify the password and click " Change password " to complete password change.
- Specify a "One-Time-Password" for the contact:
Use this option if you want to specify an OTP for the contact, only for the contact to change/modify his/her password post their next immediate login. Under the "Manual Reset Password" section, specify the password and check "Require a change of password during next login" checkbox.