Okta connects any person with any application on any device and with HappyFox Workflows, you can now perform cross-platform automation involving your entire Identity Lifecycle. This article helps you set up and configure Okta integration with HappyFox Workflows.
Setup in Okta:
This workflow connection requires an API token. An Okta admin will need to retrieve their API Key in Okta.
- Log in to Okta as an admin.
- Navigate to Security >> API from the main navigation.
- Switch to the tokens tab. Create a new token.
- Name the token with something you'll remember - example <Company_name> <Workflows>.
- Copy the API token to your Clipboard.
Setup in HappyFox Workflows
Log in to HappyFox Workflows.
- Navigate to Apps >> Okta from the left navigation.
- Enter your Okta account URL and the API token (Copied to clipboard from the previous stage)
- Click "save".
- You're all set with the integration setup!
List of Supported Actions
- Activate user: mostly run during onboarding, this action does the user activation.
- Add user to a group: mostly run during onboarding, this action adds the user to any of the available groups inside Okta.
- Assign app to a user: This allows to assign an app to a user.
- Clear all open sessions for a User: Clears out all active logins for a particular user.
- Deactivate a User: mostly run during offboarding, this deactivates the requester and removes access to any groups they were previously added to.
- Expire the password for a User: forces the password of a user to expire.
- Get User properties: Obtains essential properties about a user from Okta. This action is useful for information transfer to other systems.
- Remove a User from a Group: Removes a user from a group of which he/she was previously a part.
- Reset password for a User: this triggers an Okta reset password email to the requester.
- Revoke access to an App for a User: removes the association between a user and an Okta app.
- Suspend a User: meant for interim and contract users or for long vacations. This suspends a requester from all groups and applications they were previously added to.
- Unsuspend User: this action unsuspends a user from all groups and applications they were previously associated with. This is useful when users re-join after long vacations or temporary absences.
- Unlock a User: this action helps to unblock the user in okta. This is useful in cases where a user is locked out and unable to log in.