Using Smart Rules, you can instantly create and link PagerDuty incidents through rule-based automation. This feature would instantly notify your incident management teams if an important incident is reported on your help desk.
This automation functionality is available to customers on Enterprise, Enterprise Plus, Starter, Growth, Scale and Scale Plus plans of HappyFox.
To access this Smart Rule action, you'd have to configure PagerDuty integration first. To get started, visit here.
Quick Guide to configure automatic creation of PagerDuty Incidents
- Log in to HappyFox as an agent.
- Navigate to Automate >> Smart Rules. (Make sure your agent role has "Manage Smart Rules" permission)
- Create a new smart rule.
- In the Action section, under Notify, choose "Create Incident in PagerDuty".
- Provide the details of PagerDuty Service, incident title, incident description, and urgency. Use Merge fields if necessary.
- Choose to "Close the linked ticket when PagerDuty Incident is resolved" based on your use-case.
- Define conditions that govern when the Smart Rule should be triggered automatically.
- Enter the name and description of the Smart Rule. Choose applicable categories and associate an appropriate Work Schedule.
- Enable/Disable one-time execution of Smart Rules. (We strongly recommend turning this ON, to prevent multiple incidents created for the same ticket)
- Finish creating Smart Rule.
- Only the first smart rule execution will create and link a PagerDuty incident with a HappyFox ticket.
- Subsequent executions will only create incidents in PagerDuty, but will not link it to the ticket.
- A maximum of 5 PagerDuty incidents can be created via Smart Rule execution for a single ticket.
Smart Rule Execution on a Sample Ticket: