The HappyFox account name created during your account registration (company.happyfox.com) can be remapped to suit your custom domain requirements (support.companyname.com) or (domain.com). This article illustrates the procedure to set up custom domains and SSL for your HappyFox account.
Available Plans: ✔️ Mighty ✔️ Fantastic ✔️ Enterprise ✔️ Enterprise Plus
Steps to configure Custom Domain:
- Navigate to Main menu >> Manage >> Custom Domain
- Note: This action requires “Manage custom domain” permission.
- Click on the “+” icon and to open the custom domain create a form as shown below:
- Happyfox domain name: Displays the list of all the primary or multi-brands URLs(if any) and lets you choose the domain for which you would like to create a custom domain.
- Custom domain name: Provide the desired custom domain to which you want to switch to.
- Prerequisite: You need to set up a CNAME record on your DNS provider's control panel to point to <accountname>.happyfox.com.
- Click on “Verify”. This verifies the CNAME record for the custom domain you have mentioned above.
- Once your custom domain is verified and created successfully, SSL certificate on your account will be disabled since the SSL certificate for HappyFox only works for *.happyfox.com sub-domains.
- Note: You will be able to access your HappyFox account using the browser without SSL. However, you will not be able to access your account using the mobile app until you install SSL on your custom domain
- Make sure you have the “Custom domain active” drop-down to “Yes”. “No” would disable this custom domain.
Steps to enable SSL:
- Once you set the custom domain to active, you can view the SSL settings below.
- Set “SSL Active” as “Yes”.
- Paste the respective certificates in .pem format into private key, primary and intermediary certificate boxes. The private keys must NOT be encrypted. If the SSL provider issued an encrypted SSL key, then please decrypt it and paste.
- Note: You can contact any SSL vendors like GoDaddy, Verisign, Rapid SSL or any other popular vendors out there to purchase a certificate. If prompted, set server type as Apache while purchasing an SSL cert.
- Verify the certificates.
- On successful verification, the SSL gets enabled.