Often you would already have data locally stored in tabular file formats like CSV in your local drive or FTP. HappyFox BI offers easy import of such data for jump-starting your reporting and analytics! This article explains how you can import your data into HappyFox BI.
Using the Import Wizard to import Custom Dataset:
- Click the database icon on the top band of your HappyFox BI interface.
- If you'd like to create a new "Data Source", then click the "+" button adjacent to "Data source".
- Once you've identified which "Data source" you'd like to add your data set, Click the "+" button adjacent to the corresponding data source.
- In the subsequent pop-up, give a name to your data set and click "Create".
- Now navigate to your newly created data set from the left navigation bar.
- Click "Import" on the top right corner. Click "Choose file". Select your .csv spreadsheet.
- Once successfully Imported, you'll see the sample data for your reference.
- In the field setup section, you can select/review the appropriate data types for your fields.
- Once you've reviewed the above steps, click "Start Import".
- You'll get a success/failure message based upon the status of the import.